|Adding Healthy Habits for a Fun and Energetic Life|
Welcome to the first part of our series designed to help you build healthy habits and transform your lifestyle.
By incorporating these habits into your daily routine, you can experience a more vibrant and energetic life.
While it may require time, patience, and persistence, the effort is undoubtedly worthwhile as it allows unhealthy habits to fade away.
The key is to start with one simple thing at a time and practice it consistently until it becomes automatic.
Once these habits become routine, you’ll be well on your way to becoming a healthier and younger version of yourself.
To kickstart your journey, let’s focus on one essential habit:
Drinking sufficient daily water
No matter how many times I discuss this – it’s still common that people aren’t drinking enough water on a daily basis.
We need 1/2 oz of water per pound of body weight. (Example: if you weigh 140 pounds, you need 70 ounces of water.)
|Consider the following benefits of drinking enough water: |
– Flushes and cleanses: Sufficient water intake assists in the elimination of toxins and waste products, promoting overall detoxification.
– Enhances Energy Levels: Combats fatigue and improves energy levels, keeping you refreshed and alert throughout the day.
– Aids in Cognitive Function: Proper hydration supports brain function, including memory, focus, and mental clarity.
– Boosts Skin Health and Beauty: Hydration promotes healthy skin by improving elasticity, reducing wrinkles, and providing a natural glow.
– Boosts Immune System Function: Adequate hydration supports helping your body fight off illnesses and infections.
– Lubricates the Joints: Water acts as a lubricant for your joints, reducing the risk of joint pain and improving mobility.
– Facilitates Digestion and Elimination: Water aids in digestion, absorption, and elimination, helping maintain a healthy digestive system.
– Prevents Kidney Damage: Hydration supports optimal kidney function and prevents the formation of kidney stones.
– Promotes Normal Blood Pressure and Heartbeat: Drinking enough water helps maintain normal blood pressure levels and stabilize heart rate.
– Maintains Proper Electrolyte Balance: Proper hydration ensures a healthy balance of electrolytes in the body, supporting numerous physiological processes.
|Tips For Maintaining A Healthy Hydration Routine|
Now that we understand the benefits of drinking water, use these practical tips to help you incorporate this habit into your daily routine:
Get a Fun Water Bottle: Invest in a water bottle that you enjoy using. Choose one that is easy to use and carry in order to encourage regular hydration.
Keep it with you: Carry your water bottle with you throughout the day, whether you’re at work, driving, exercising, or in bed. Having it readily available will remind you to drink water.
Sip Throughout the day: Create the habit of sipping water consistently throughout the day, rather than consuming large amounts at once.
Use Reminders: Consider using mobile apps or setting reminders on your phone to prompt you to take regular sips of water. These reminders can help you stay on track.
Flavor the water with lemons, limes, oranges, cucumbers, watermelon, strawberries, etc.
Soups and Herbal teas are hydrating and enjoyable, too.
Set a daily goal, and write down how much you actually drank per day. Again, the goal is to consume half an ounce of water per pound of body weight.
|You can also try eating more foods that are high in water content. Percentages of Water In Common Foods:|
Lettuce: 96% water
Celery: 95% water
Zucchini: 95% water
Cabbage: 92% water
Watermelon: 91% water
Cantaloupe: 90% water
Honeydew melon: 90% water
Your life may improve drastically once you start building a routine filled with these healthy habits.
Encourage people you care about to join the hydrated amongst us. This will help you rethink your drink!
Dr. Stan Gale
Dr. Stan Gale, Top-Rated Los Angeles Chiropractor | Nutritionist | Applied Kinesiology | Sports Therapist
1920 Allesandro Street
Los Angeles, Ca. 90039